USA EB-5 IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM
Our office just offer EB-5 program for US immigration. This program is established by the USA government in 1990, the EB-5 visa stands for Employment Based Visa, Preference 5 and is found in Section 203 (b) (5) of the Immigration & Nationality Act (INA). EB-5 allows immigrants seeking to enter the U.S. to engage in a commercial enterprise that will benefit the U.S. economy by substantial investment and creation of jobs for U.S. workers.
Applicants can choose to create a new enterprise or invest in a pre-approved Regional Centre. Issued with a Green Card it provides Permanent Residency for the applicant, his or her spouse and any dependents under the age of 21.
- The EB-5 program offers a number of benefits:
- No language skills required
- No minimum education required
- No business or management experience required
- Investment capital can come from a gift, inheritance, business ownership or any other lawful activities
- Applicants do not have to live in the area of their investment
- Live, work and study anywhere in the US and benefit from lower tuition fee
- Inclusion of dependent children below the age of 21.
An eligible applicant must meet each of the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age,
- Demonstrate legal source of assets and funds,
- Choose from one of the available investment options.
There are 2 investment options within the EB-5 program:
1. Creation of a new US enterprise
- To be eligible an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Make an investment of US$ 1,000,000 in a new commercial enterprise, or US$ 500,000, if in a “targeted commercial area”, which includes rural areas or areas with unemployment of at least 150% of the national average.
- Create full time employment for at least 10 qualified US workers, who must be direct employees of the commercial enterprise.
- Actively manage the enterprise, through day to day management or policy formulation.
2. Invest in a Regional Centre
Regional centers are investment opportunities that have been preapproved by the USCIS. To be eligible an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Make an investment of US$ 500,000.
- The enterprise must create full time employment for at least 10 qualified US workers, where indirect employment is permitted.
- Active management of the enterprise is not required.