Please remember they are just for general use therefore we did not put all aspects for all questions and you could not rely as legal reference. If you have some questions about any of them you can ask for more information.

1- Do I need to hire a consultant to represent me?

This is not necessary but it is useful to hire an immigration consultant, for three reasons. First, immigration law is one of the most complicated areas of Canada law. Second, Canadian immigration law is changing all the time, and it is hard to keep up, even for many immigration lawyers. Third, immigration lawyers can help make sure that your application goes through the immigration bureaucracy smoothly.

2- Do my consultants charge a fee?

Yes, the fee is depends on the plan, service and type of your application.

3-Is there any another fee that I have to consider?

Yes, there are some governments’ fees such as application fee or landing fee and if your application needs a complete professional business plan this cost will be extra too.

4-How can I make sure you are qualified consultants?

We are licensed by Canadian Society Immigration Consultants with registry number of ICCRC#R416207. You can verify this information in Immigration Canada web page www.iccrc-crcic.ca

5-Could you do 100%guarantee that we can get a visa after your job done?

No, Qualifications alone are not the only factor in determining whether or not your
Canadian Visa application will be successful. The Visa Officer’s discretion
positive or negative can play a crucial role in the final outcome of your case.

6- How long does the immigration process take?

The average processing time varies from a region to another. The length of time it takes to process your application can be different in each mission or Visa Office.

7- What is a permanent residence?

When people apply for immigration to Canada, they are in fact applying for a permanent residence visa. Permanent residence is a status that allows an immigrant to reside legally and earn a living anywhere in Canada. A permanent Residence Visa is a document which allows a person to live and work anywhere in Canada. It comes with certain responsibilities and can be revoked if the holder is out of the country for too long, or is guilty of some criminal activity. A person who is a Canadian permanent resident may apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years.

8- What are the application categories for Permanent Residence?

There are three main categories for permanent residence that can be summarized as follows:

  • Skilled Workers and Professionals are assessed upon a series of factors, i.e. a point system, which is designed to indicate the likelihood of becoming economically established in Canada.
  • Investors, Entrepreneurs and Self-Employed Persons are, in a general sense, selected based upon their abilities to make a contribution to the cultural, artistic, athletic, or agricultural life of Canada.
  • In certain circumstances, Canadian citizens and permanent residents are entitled to sponsor their close relatives from abroad.

Plus these main categories; there are some plans for Provincial Nominees program and Quebec program are available too.

9- Who can I include in my application for an Immigrant Visa?

Your spouse and any dependent children may be included in the application. Children must be under the age of 21 years. If they are 21 and older, they must not have had an interruption of more than 6 months in their schooling. Your accompanying dependents will be subject to medical and security clearance requirements. Other family members, such as your parents, generally cannot be included in the application but you may be able to sponsor them as part of the family class after you land in Canada.

Applicant (including dependent children) must meet requirements not only at the time of application but also at the time approval decision is being made.

10- Are there any special procedures for different provinces in Canada?

The purpose of the nomination system is to satisfy the specific immigration requirements of the particular regions of Canada. The provinces with such selection systems called Provincial Nominee Program are looking for immigrants with certain specific skills. Certain provinces have been given the authority to select or nominate candidates for immigration destined to their respective provinces.

Quebec has exclusive authority to select candidates who intend to reside in that province. These applicants are subject to Quebec’s selection criteria in addition to Federal medical and security clearance requirements. They must also pay an additional fee for processing by a Quebec Delegation. Applicants who qualify under the Federal selection requirements may not necessarily satisfy Quebec’s selection requirements, and vice versa.

To a lesser degree certain provinces presently each have the authority to nominate immigration candidates for selection by Federal immigration authorities. Even without such nomination you may reside in those provinces by meeting Federal selection criteria.

11- What are the government application fees?

All government processing fees must be submitted concurrently with the submission of the application for permanent residence. There are two application fees you will have to pay when you apply to immigrate to Canada: Processing Fees and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

The processing fees are not refundable and must be paid for the principal applicant and any accompanying spouse, common-law partner, and dependent children.

Applicants whose destination is the province of Quebec must pay additional processing fees to the Quebec government.

12- How is an Employment Authorization different from an Immigrant Visa?

An Employment Authorization permits an eligible visitor to reside and work in Canada for a limited period of time, and restrictions are usually placed on the type of employment which can be pursued. It will not, by itself, lead to Canadian permanent resident status. By contrast, a Canadian Immigrant Visa entitles its holder to live and work anywhere in Canada, enjoy many of the privileges of Canadian Citizenship, apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years and sponsor family members for Canadian permanent resident status.

13- Do I become a permanent resident of Canada as soon as my landing documents are issued?

No. You will only become a permanent resident when you cross a Canadian port-of-entry with your valid passport and your valid Canadian Immigrant Visa.

14- Must I land at or near the location I indicated as my intended destination on my application form?

Generally, the holder of a Canadian Immigrant Visa may land at any port of entry in Canada without difficulty.

15- Will I have to undertake a medical exam?

All prospective immigrants to Canada are required to undergo medical examinations. These examinations are intended to detect any health conditions which may affect the health of the Canadian public, or which may result in excessive demands being placed upon the Canadian health care system.

The examination is given around the world by designated medical practitioners. Regardless of the visa office to which the application was submitted, the services of any such practitioner may be used.

Non-accompanying dependents are required to undergo medical examinations, as are accompanying dependents. If a non-accompanying dependent is unwilling to undergo a medical examination, it may be possible to have the individual exempted. However, such non-accompanying dependents will not be eligible for subsequent sponsorship as members of the Family Class.

16- Can you tell me more about the police clearance?

Police clearance is a document that certifies that an individual has no criminal record. All adult applicants must provide no criminal record certificates from all countries where they resided for 6 months or more since the age of 18 years. If police in a particular country refuse to issue a clearance, it would be helpful if they provided a written statement confirming that they refused to issue the clearance.

Police clearance documents must be submitted together with application forms, supporting documents and processing fees. Visa offices accept only original no criminal record certificates. Visa offices usually consider them valid for 6 months since the issue date.

17- Is a police clearance the same as a background check?

No. A background check detects applicants who “are, or have been, involved in espionage, subversion, or terrorism or be of any danger to Canada”. It is separate from and in addition to a police clearance. The background check is conducted by the Canadian government without the applicant’s participation.

18- I am thinking of getting married. Is it better to get married before I apply or after I receive the permanent residence status ?

If you would like to enter Canada with your spouse, you should get married before submitting the file to the Consulate or during the immigration process. Your spouse will receive a Canadian immigration status automatically if you receive it.

If you want to apply without a spouse, you will have to sponsor him or her after moving to Canada.

19- What happens when I arrive in Canada?

When you come to Canada, you must present your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to a customs/immigration officer at the port of entry. The officer will check your visa and travel document and ask you questions similar to those on the immigration application form to verify that you are of good character and in good health. The officer may also request proof that you have sufficient funds to settle in Canada. Then if there are no problems at the Port of Entry, the officer will authorize your admission to Canada as a permanent resident.

The officer will also use the information on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to have your Permanent Residence Card sent to you by registered mail.

20- When must my accompanying dependents land?

Accompanying dependents cannot land before the principal applicant has landed. The accompanying dependents should land with the principal applicant or after the principal applicant, but in either case prior to the expiry date indicated on their Canadian Immigrant Visa.

21- Can I leave Canada after landing there?

After the landing you can travel outside of Canada the same day. However, if immigrants are out of Canada for extended period, they may lose their permanent resident visa.

22- What is the definition of a skilled worker in Canada?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) defines skilled workers as “people whose education and work experience will help them find work and make a home for themselves as permanent residents in Canada”.

23- What is the Definition of Business Immigrant?

Business immigrants are people who can invest in, or start businesses in Canada and are expected to support the development of a strong and prosperous Canadian economy. The Business Immigration Programs seek to attract people experienced in business to Canada. Business immigrants are selected based on their ability to become economically established in Canada.

24. What are Provincial Nominees programs?

Some of the provinces have their plan for Immigration. They are different from each other and Each plan have a lot details. We can choose the best one base on their situation.